Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Post 11: First day of Classes

So yesterday, Monday, the french speaking girls took placement tests to see what level we would start in at the Alliance Francaise. Morgan, Jordan and I managed to place in the same class and Hallie and Carolyn are in another class. We got the rest of the day free whereas the 3 girls who speak 0 French, and I mean 0 (Allison, Micchelle and MacKenzie) had 4 hours of total immersion french class!
Today when we went to class, we were very nervous that we wouldn't understand alot of things when the reality was that we had already learned the topic of the day 2 years ago. I wouldn't call this a bad thing though because I'm sure tomorrow we won't know something so I'm glad and satisfied with where we are now!
After class we are going to go shopping in Nice at the market and in the big square near where we usually meet up for the night outings for exploration and usually ice cream :) Then we are all going out for dinner!!! Mr Newman found a lovely restaurant that looks out over the yachts. We are all going to get dressed up and show off our "sun" that we got from our outdoor tour and attempt to enjoy the ROCK beach haha :)
Until next time (and hopefully not this late again...its 12 here)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Claire,
    It sound like things are going great! I'm so glad. Tell us about the market and the kinds of things you can buy there, styles any different? any deals?!
    Have you eaten anything you haven't tried here in the USA?
    I'm sending you my love, A. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the rock beaches! I remember a bunch of huge round stones, and people just spread their towels as if they were laying on a sunny California beach--good times.

    And, BTW, I am sending you TWICE as much love as Aunt A.
    Ha!

    ReplyDelete